Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Passing down memories...



I just handed down my dollhouse to my Little Miss. My Dad and I built it - I spent many years playing with it and saving to buy the furniture. I had a very close friend in my childhood (Jennifer MacFarlene) this was our special project.

So many weekends going into Fredricton to buy furniture for our houses then having sleepovers. I miss this friend so much and had always hoped when we became adults we would always keep in touch. We were kindred spirits in every sense. Unfortunately, this dear friend died when she was 15/16 in a car accident in Ontario.

Every time I look at my house I remember her fondly, I wish I could let her mother and grandmother know how much she meant to me and that I will always remember those wonderful weekends together. If you know them - please pass on my love to them.


Little Miss thought they would have dinner out tonight...

P mode, ISO 800, tungsten WB

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this!! (and not so secretly want it for myself!)

    I'm on the hunt for a nice wooden one for the girls in a few years. NOT plastic. I'm thinking Etsy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an amazing doll house. the furniture is beautiful! so nice to have something special to pass on to your dd. sorry to hear about you losing such a close and special friend at that age.

    ReplyDelete