Sunday, April 3, 2011

Lots to learn - Exposure Triangle

After my first outing with my camera on manual - I was thrilled with the power I held in my hands. However, still ignorant of most of the terms being suggested to me. I have been reading online about these terms when hanging out with my little man. I have found this website to be very helpful. (Digital Photograph School)

I have made a little cheat sheet based on these 4 pages of lessons...


Here is my exposure triangle - cheat sheet (click to view larger and clearer) :


Of all of these - the one I understand the least is aperture...I will have to do an experiment in it to get my head around the difference. I am a visual learner.

This week I have to do a "tummy time" picture of my little man for his birth club photo..I am also thinking I may attempt a photo of myself & little man with the camera on my tripod using the natural light in our living room window...this may be a bit ambitious. I do not have many of my babe & I...have to start somewhere!

Anyone attempting their own projects this week? I know my next project today will be cleaning up my kitchen (never ending project).

No comments:

Post a Comment