Friday, April 1, 2011

It worked...it really worked!!

Last night I had my hands full (literally) with my little man, hosting an art show opening and attempting to use my manual settings on the Canon. I feel I have this new freedom of not requiring the flash anymore! All the photos were taken on manual settings..800 iso, wb shade, F-stop 6 (I think)...my camera was shared with my co-worker during this time as I had to feed the baby. I "think" i took all of these shots. I love love love the black and white photo.

I am excited to attempt this again - when I can focus more on my camera. But a very good experience and I am realizsng how much power there is in learning to use my camera properly.

Thanks for the tips ladies...(and comments are open now)




3 comments:

  1. the black and white one is beautiful, the grain works well in it! Shooting manual is amazing isn't it? just one thing to keep in mind...the larger the fstop number the less light it lets in your camera. choose a smaller fstop number to let more light in your camera. it is confusing at first. F3.5 has a larger opening than F6. by choosing a smaller fstop it would have allowed you to lower your ISO and minimize the grain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the gallery was tough too - as very bright on one side...dark on the other. I had only one hand most of the time - the baby was in the sling. So tricky to make changes. Looking forward to my next practice run!

    ReplyDelete